What you’ve never understood about your computer is that it is scared to death of water, H2O, humidity or whatever you’d like to name it. And even though you do not see the water, actually there may be lots of excessive moist in the air killing your motherboard silently and slowly. No, your motherboard doesn’t melt when in contact with water like the wicked witch of the west, but it dies of short circuit. Luckily, ASRock has a new High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity.
Matte Black PCB
A new mysterious matte black and copper color scheme to match the prestigious components on ASRock's high-end 100 Series motherboards.
DDR4 Non-Z OC
Overclocking DDR4 memory modules is no longer limited to Z170 models. With ASRock’s DDR4 Non-Z OC users may overclock the memory of H170/Q170/B150/H110/C232 models using certain memory sticks, such as Kingston or Samsung memory DIMMs. The enhanced CAS latency brings up to 5% performance boost.
UEFI EZ Mode
EZ mode is a dashboard which contains multiple readings of the system’s current status. You can check the most crucial information of your system, such as CPU speed, DRAM frequency, SATA information, fan speed, etc.
5 Power Phase Design
The power phase design offers smooth power delivery to the CPU, unmatched overclocking capabilities, lower temperature for advanced gamers, and reinforced system stability for taking on all sorts of arduous computing tasks.
Dual Graphics Outputs
Complete with two types of most used connectors! Packed with a D-Sub + DVI combo, you have more graphics output options now.
Supports DDR4 2133
Supports the latest DDR4 memory modules and most extreme memory performance!
Unlike traditional motherboards that use analog power, this motherboard uses a next generation digital PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation) design, which provides CPU Vcore voltage more efficiently and smoothly, so that the stability and lifespan of the motherboard is greatly enhanced.
ELNA Audio Caps
Who says high quality audio is only available on high-end motherboards? ASRock applied ELNA audio capacitors on mainstream and entry-level motherboards! Compared with traditional solid caps, the leakage current of ELNA audio caps is merely 3uA. This is the key to reduce noise level significantly and satisfy even the pickiest audiophiles.
Solid Capacitor Design
ASRock applied solid capacitors on this motherboard. With these solid caps, this motherboard is allowed to perform more stably and ensure longer lifetime.
Win 7 USB Patcher
Due to chipset limitation, when you want to install Windows® 7 on this MB, you may need to use “Win 7 USB Patcher” to create a new ISO file, or check this page for more details on how to install Windows® 7 OS.
||ASRock Super Alloy|
- Matte Black PCB
- High Density Glass Fabric PCB
ASRock Full Spike Protection
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
||- Supports 7th and 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors (Socket 1151)|
- Supports CPU up to 91W
- Digi Power design
- 5 Power Phase design
- Supports Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
||- Intel® B150|
- Supports Intel® Small Business Basics
||- Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology|
- 2 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
- Supports DDR4 2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Max. capacity of system memory: 32GB*
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 2.0
*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
||- 64Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with multilingual GUI support|
- ACPI 5.0 Compliant wake up events
- SMBIOS 2.7 Support
- CPU, DRAM, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO Voltage Multi-adjustment
| Audio, Video and Networking|
||- Supports Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals : Intel® Quick Sync Video with AVC, MVC (S3D) and MPEG-2 Full HW Encode1, Intel® InTru™ 3D, Intel® Clear Video HD Technology, Intel® Insider™, Intel® HD Graphics 510/530|
- Pixel Shader 5.0, DirectX 12
- Max. shared memory 1024MB*
- Dual graphics output: Support DVI-D and D-Sub ports by independent display controllers
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz
- Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz
- Supports Accelerated Media Codecs: HEVC, VP8, VP9
- Supports HDCP with DVI-D Port
- Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) playback with DVI-D Port
*The size of maximum shared memory may vary from different operating systems.
**Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
***Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
****Intel® InTru™ 3D is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
||- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC887 Audio Codec)*|
- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- ELNA Audio Caps
*To configure 7.1 CH HD Audio, it is required to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
||- PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s|
- Realtek RTL8111GR / RTL8111C
- Supports Lightning/ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- Supports LAN Cable Detection
- Supports PXE
| Expansion / Connectivity|
||- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot (PCIE1: x16 mode)**|
- 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots
*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
||- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug|
||- 1 x Print Port Header|
- 1 x COM Port Header
- 1 x TPM Header
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion and Speaker Header
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)
- 2 x Chassis Fan Connectors (4-pin)*
- 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector
- 1 x 8 pin 12V Power Connector
- 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector
- 2 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x USB 3.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
*The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
|Rear Panel I/O
||- 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port|
- 1 x D-Sub Port
- 1 x DVI-D Port
- 2 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))*
- 4 x USB 3.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))*
- 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
- HD Audio Jacks: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
*ACPI wake-up function is supported on the rear USB ports only.
| Other Features / Miscellaneous|
|Software and BIOS
- ASRock Disk Health Report
- ASRock USB Key
- ASRock APP Charger
- ASRock XFast LAN
- ASRock XFast RAM
- ASRock Fast Boot (Fast Boot, Restart to UEFI)*
- ASRock EZ Mode
- ASRock My Favorites in UEFI
- ASRock Instant Flash
- ASRock Internet Flash
- ASRock Crashless BIOS
- ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
- ASRock UEFI Tech Service
- ASRock Easy Driver Installer
*These utilities can be downloaded from ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
||- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar|
||- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield|
- 2 x SATA Data Cables
||- CPU/Chassis temperature sensing|
- CPU/Chassis Fan Tachometer
- CPU/Chassis Quiet Fan (Auto adjust chassis fan speed by CPU temperature)
- CPU/Chassis Fan multi-speed control
- CASE OPEN detection
- Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore, DRAM, VPPM, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO
||- Micro ATX Form Factor: 8.9-in x 7.2-in, 22.6 cm x 18.3 cm|
- Solid Capacitor design
||- Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit / 8.1 64-bit / 7 32-bit / 7 64-bit*|
*To install Windows® 7 OS, a modified installation disk with xHCI drivers packed into the ISO file is required. Please check our User Manual for more detailed instructions.
For the updated Windows® 10 driver, please visit ASRock's website for details.
||- FCC, CE|